Use this screen to determine how long items are on the hold shelf.
- The hold shelf is the location in your library where items on hold are stored until picked up by patrons.
Create or edit hold fulfillment policies
- On the Hold Request Policy screen, click Create New, or click the Policy Name you want to edit.
- On the Create New or Edit Policy screen, fill in the fields in the order below:
- Policy Name: Name of the policy.
- Hold Expiration Period: Amount of time the item is available on the hold shelf.
- The time begins when the item is checked in from the Pull list.
- Patrons have the duration of the period to pick up their hold .
- At the end of the period, if the item is not picked up, the system sends the Hold Shelf Expiration Notification Policy (number 4 below), and the item is listed in the Clear hold shelf report for removal from the hold shelf.
- Bill for picking up hold: Select a fixed bill from the list. Create fixed bills on the Bill Structure screen.
- Hold Pickup Notification Policy: Select the hold pickup notification that will be sent to the patron when their hold is available. Create hold pickup notifications on the Notification Policy screen.
- Hold Shelf Expiration Notification Policy: Select the hold shelf expiration notification that will be sent to the patron when their hold expires from the Hold Shelf.
- Create hold shelf expiry notifications on the Notification Policy screen.
- This notification will be sent to patrons who failed to pick up their hold during the time set in the Hold Expiration Period.
- If you do not select a hold shelf expiration notification, the notification sent to the patron will default to the Hold Request Expiration Notification Policy selected on the Hold Request Policy screen.
- Click Save.
Copy hold fulfillment policies
- Click the Policy Name you want to copy.
- In the top right corner, click Copy. The copied policy appears.
- Enter a policy name and edit any additional fields.
- Click Save
Delete hold fulfillment policies
Policies cannot be deleted if they are in use.
- Click the Policy Name you want to delete.
- In the top right corner, click Delete.
- On the Confirm window, click OK.