Use this screen to limit the number of items patrons can place on hold.
- Patrons exceed their hold limits when they try to place more holds than the number listed in the policy.
- For example, if a patron has a hold count limit of 1, the policy will take effect when they try to place a second hold.
- When patrons exceed the limits set in the policy:
- Patrons are unable to place holds in WorldCat Local/Discovery
- The system displays an alert message when staff place a hold for the patron. Depending on their account type, staff will need to override or acknowledge the message.
Create or edit hold limit policies
- On the Hold Limit Policy screen, click Create New, or click the Policy Name you want to edit.
- On the Create New or Edit Policy screen, fill in the fields in the order below. If you do not want a field to apply, click the No Limit check box.
- Policy Name: Name of the policy.
- Verified* Hold Count Limit: Maximum number of holds that can be placed by a verified patron.
- Unverified* Hold Count Limit: Maximum number of holds that can be placed by an unverified patron.
- Click Save.
*For more information on verified and unverified patron records, see Look up patron.
Copy hold limit policies
- Click the Policy Name you want to copy.
- In the top right corner, click Copy. The copied policy appears.
- Enter a policy name and edit any additional fields.
- Click Save.
Delete hold limit policies
Policies cannot be deleted if they are in use.
- Click the Policy Name you want to delete.
- In the top right corner, click Delete.
- On the Confirm window, click OK.
Hold Limit Policy is used in: