Use this screen to create bill reasons. Bill reasons are used to indicate why a patron is being billed.
- The bills reasons you create on this screen can be used in:
- Bill reasons have certain restrictions based on what you select in the Associated With field.
- For information on creating a bill, see Create bills for a fine or fee.
Create or edit bill reasons
- On the Bill Reasons screen, click Create New, or click the Policy Name you want to edit.
- On the Create New or Edit Policy screen, fill in the fields in the order below:
- Policy Name: Name of the policy.
- Associated With: Select when the bill reason is applied. Settings are as follows:
- Applies to anything: Bill reason can be used with or without an item associated with the bill.
- Only applies to items: Bill reason can only be used if there is an item associated with the bill. If you try to create a bill without an item, an alert message appears. Depending on your account, you may have to enter an override.
- Only applies to holds: Bill reason can only be used for holds.
- Auto Calculate Tax?: Click the check box to incorporate tax into the bill. Tax will only display in WorldShare Circulation if Show Everywhere is selected in UI Tax Policy(page under Admin/General). Enter the tax rate for your institution on the Currency and Locale screen in the WorldCat Registry module.
- Click Save.
Copy bill reasons
- Click the Policy Name you want to copy.
- In the top right corner, click Copy. The copied policy appears.
- Enter a policy name and edit any additional fields.
- Click Save
Delete bill reasons
Policies cannot be deleted if they are in use.
- Click the Policy Name you want to delete.
- In the top right corner, click Delete.
- On the Confirm window, click OK.