Use this screen to apply loan policies and long overdue and lost policies to patron types and items.
When an item is checked out, the system evaluates the rows in the map in this order until a match is found:
- Top to bottom (rows)
- Left to right (settings in rows)
It is recommended to:
- Put your most restrictive rows at the top of the map
- Have a row at the bottom of the map to cover all patron types, material formats, branches, and locations
Create or edit rows in the loan policy map
- On the Loan Policy Map screen, fill in the fields in the order below:
- Patron Policy: Select the Patron Policy from the list. Create patron type policies on the Patron Type Policy screen.
- Material Format: Material format is defined in an item's master record. For more information, see Material Type Names and Codes to determine how the master record provides material format.
- Holding Location: Holding Code, as set on the Holding Codes Translation Table screen. You must select a holding location in order to select a shelving location.
- Shelving Location: Shelving Location, as set on the Holding Codes Translation Table screen. If an item has a temporary and permanent location in WMS, the circulation policy will use the temporary location.
- Loan Policy: Select the Loan Policy from the list. Create loan policies on the Loan Policy screen.
- Long Overdue and Lost Policy: Optional. Select a Long Overdue and Lost Policy. Create long overdue and lost policies on the Long Overdue and Lost Policy screen.
- If needed, add or delete rows:
- To add a row, click the Add button ().
- To delete a row, click the Remove button ().
- To change a row's position on the map, use the up () and down () arrows.
- Click Save.