Use CapiraMobile to facilitate self-checkout with WorldShare Circulation. Follow the instructions below to configure the SIP2 connection between CapiraMobile and WorldShare Circulation.
Select a checkout branch
WorldShare Circulation users wishing to use CapiraMobile for self-checkout must select the branch that checkouts will be registered to. When a user checks out an item using CapiraMobile self-checkout, the Circulation history will show this branch as the location that the item was checked out from.
The branch selection will also affect item statistics and usage statistics within WorldShare Reports and WorldShare Report Designer. Libraries with Report Designer can build custom reports to filter by Capira as an Event Transaction Source in the Circulation Event Details universe.
SIP2 must be configured for at least one branch using CapiraMobile. To configure SIP2:
- Within OCLC Service Configuration, navigate to WMS Circulation > Integrations > SIP2 Configuration.
- Select the appropriate branch from the list. The Edit Policy screen opens.
- Populate the following fields in the Supported messages section:
- Checkout - Enabled - Authentication Not Required
- Item Information - Enabled
- Login - Enabled
- ACS Status - Enabled
- Request SC Resent - Enabled
- Click Save.
Authorize SIP2 access for CapiraMobile
The Capira IP addresses must be authorized in OCLC Service Configuration. An entry within the SIP2 IP Addresses section of OCLC Service Configuration must be added for each IP address associated with Capira.
Capira IP addresses
The following IP addresses are associated with Capira:
Authorize IP addresses
To authorize the IP addresses:
- Within OCLC Service Configuration, navigate to WMS Circulation > Integrations > SIP2 IP Addresses.
- Click Create New. The Create New Policy screen opens.
- Populate the following fields:
- Activate - Check the box
- IP Address - Enter an IP address associated with your region
- Username - Enter a unique username associated with this IP address. This username must be shared with Capira staff. Contact OCLC Support for assistance.
- New Password - Enter a unique password associated with this IP address. This password must be shared with Capira staff. Contact OCLC Support for assistance.
- Confirm Password - Confirm the password entered above.
- Description - Enter a description that will inform staff that the IP address is associated with Capira and should not be removed
- Branch - Select the branch that will be used for Capira self-checkouts.
- Vendor - Select Default from the drop-down list.
- Character Encoding - UTF-8
- Group Resolution - Check the box. This ensures that the self-checkout will be able to recognize other libraries within a circulation group and items borrowed via ILL integration
- Receive Shelf-Ready Order Items - Select this option to automatically receive new, shelf-ready monographs that were ordered in WorldShare Acquisitions. When this setting is enabled and an item is checked in and not found in the catalog, the system will search for a shelf-ready order item in WorldShare Acquisitions.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Repeat steps 2-4 to add additional IP addresses.