Release Date: December 1, 2018
This release of WorldShare Acquisitions provides 4 new features and enhancements in addition to numerous bug fixes. These features will help you manage more complex workflows, including:
- A more efficient way of adding items directly to an invoice
- Personal favorites for adding items directly to an invoice
- Linking the expenditure amount to related invoice items
- Sending of Legal Deposit Receipts
Many of these enhancements are the direct result of your feedback.
For this release, we recommend that you review the following checklists and complete the relevant tasks so that you can adjust your policies and workflows and train your staff. These checklists identify updates that we have determined as significant for most institutions. We encourage you to review all of the items in the release notes to determine whether there are other items that might require additional action or follow up by your institution.
These items require immediate action or decisions.
Train staff in new way of adding items directly to an invoice. We have improved on the process of selecting a local resource or creating a new local resource for these items. It should take significantly fewer steps but may be unfamiliar to staff.
In an effort to keep your staff informed of new features and changes, you may also want to consider these items.
Train staff in use of personal favorites for adding invoice items. This can save staff significant time.
New features and enhancements
More efficient way of adding items directly to an invoice
You can now add items directly to an invoice in fewer steps and with less use of the mouse. Previously, this took three or four steps and required using the mouse at several points. The new process is more efficient and should save you significant time, especially if you frequently add items to invoices.
Note: This new process only deals with the case where you are adding items directly to an invoice without first creating an order for the item. We have not changed the process for adding previously-ordered items. That work is still done through the Receive and Invoice page.
To add items directly to an invoice, you need to:
- From the invoice screen, click on the Add Item button above the invoice item table and select Debit, Credit, or Refund. (This part of the process has not changed.)
- From the dialog that appears on the screen, simply type the name of the Local Resource you wish to add as an invoice item.
- The name of any matching local resources will appear for selection in the dropdown menu.
- To select the first item in the dropdown list, simply press enter or click add. (This will add an item for this local resource and return you to the page on the invoice with that item.) If you prefer, you do not need to first select the item in the dropdown.
- If multiple local resources match what you typed and you want to select one that is further down on the list, either continue typing to eliminate other choices or arrow down to the local resource you wish to select and press enter.
- If no local resource matches exactly what you typed, the word "new" will show in parenthesis next to the local resource name.
- Again, if this is the first item in the dropdown, you only need to press enter or click "add" to add an item to the invoice for this local resource. (This will create a new local resource for this item in the background with no additional clicks.)
This feature resulted from direct feedback from the Community Center. Several libraries mentioned that the new way of adding items to an invoice took too many clicks, and so this new method was devised to save staff time and effort.
Personal favorites for adding items directly to an invoice
You can now configure up to 5 "favorite" local resources to use when adding items directly to an invoice. Once configured, you can add items directly to an invoice with a single click. This will save significant time when adding frequently-used local resources to an invoice item.
To configure and use favorites for local resources on the invoice, you need to:
- Click Add Item on the invoice page above the invoice item table.
- Select Manage Favorites from the dropdown menu.
- In the Manage Favorites dialog, enter the name of a Local Resource that you want to add as a favorite to the Add Item menu.
- Select the Local Resource from the dropdown.
- Select whether the favorite should create a Debit, Credit, or Refund invoice item.
- Click the Add button.
- This will add the favorite to the table below.
- Add more favorites, if you choose, and then click Close to close the Manage Favorites dialog.
- To add this favorite local resource as an item to the invoice, simply click Add Item then select the favorite.
- The item will be added to the invoice and you will be taken to the page on which the item was added.
Note: These favorites are user-based favorites, rather than institution-level settings. Each staff member can configure and manage their own list of favorites.
Link from expenditure amounts to invoice items
You can now link directly from the expenditure amount of a fund on the budget page to the corresponding invoice items for that fund. This allows you to easily see which invoice items are linked to which fund and troubleshoot issues with invoice items. You can also search invoice items directly by fund.
To view the invoice items associated with a fund, you need to:
- Open a budget and click on the Expenditure Amount link in the Expended column.
- This will open the invoice items search showing all paid invoice items matching that Fund Code and Budget Period.
- You can also search invoice items directly by Fund Code by simply selecting the Fund Code option from the search dropdown on the invoice item search.
Send legal deposit receipts
You can now send receipts for legal deposit items received by your library. This saves you time and effort constructing these receipts by hand and ensure all receipts are sent on a timely basis.
To configure and use legal deposit receipts, you need to:
- Contact OCLC support staff to assign the new Legal Deposit Receipt Administrator role to one of your staff. (This role has far-reaching consequences for your library, so it was not made a part of the standard Acquisitions Admin role.
- For any vendors to which you want to send receipts, open the vendor page and set the Legal Deposit Receipts contact under Acquisitions Settings > Specific Notification Settings.
Note: You need specify the Action and Contact, and choose the E-mail (HTML) Delivery Method for Legal Deposit Receipts. If you leave out any of these value, the receipt will not be sent.
- Once a user has been assigned the role, click on Settings, then Institution Settings in the left-hand menu.
- Open the Legal Deposit Receipt accordion under Institution Settings.
- Select values for all the following fields:
- Template Language: You can opt to use the language of the vendor contact for the receipts or a special template that includes both English and French language elements.
- Start Date: The system will send receipts for all items received on or after this date. This setting is used to determine when you want to start sending receipts for items. In this way, you can choose when you cease your manual receipt processes.
- Delay Period: This determines the number of days the system will wait after the date received before sending receipts for items. This delay (or grace) period allows you to time to correct mistakes prior to receipts being sent out.
- Initial Receipt Number: This field determines the number of the first receipt to be sent out. The system will take the higher of either the number you enter or the number after the last receipt number sent. For example, if the last receipt sent was 200 and you enter an Initial Receipt Number of 100, the system will still set the next receipt number as 201. However, if the last receipt sent was 50 (or no receipt has been sent) and you enter an Initial Receipt Number of 100, then the next receipt number will be 100.
- From: This determines the From address of the receipt. You can select any branch from your institutions registry configuration, and the shipping address of this branch will be used for the From address of the receipt.
- Reply-to: This determines the contact that will be listed on the receipt as the reply-to contact. You can select any staff member in the system as the reply-to contact.
- Trouble-shooting Contact: The system will send a notification to this staff person if the Legal Deposit Receipt contact is not specified for the vendor.
- Double-check you have set the values above correctly. The system will send receipts automatically based on these values, and receipts cannot be unsent. If needed, work with OCLC support or implementation to make sure your settings are correct before starting receipt delivery.
- After double-checking the settings above, click Start Receipt Delivery to start sending receipts. The system will send receipts every Sunday at midnight.
- If you need to view, print, or resend a receipt, click on the Legal Deposit Receipts menu in the left-hand side of the screen.
Note: You will only see this menu if you have started receipt delivery. If you later decide you do not wish to view this menu, contact OCLC support, and they can disable this entire menu section.
- To search for a specific receipt, use the search box at the top of the screen. You can search by:
- Order Item Number: Unique identifier for one of the items on the receipt.
- Receipt Number: Unique identifier assigned to the receipt itself.
- You can also filter the receipts by several different parameters:
- Date Last Sent
- Number of Times Sent
- Number of Copies
- To view a receipt, simply click the Receipt Number link. The receipt will open in a dialog.
- To print a receipt, click the Print button at the bottom of the dialog.
- To resend a receipt, simply select the receipt using the checkbox on the left of the screen and click the resend button at the top of the screen.
Note: If you receive an item and then subsequently change its Receipt Status to another value (e.g. Not Received), you will need to resend the receipt manually in order to remove the item from the receipt.
Alphabetical sorting for invoice items
You can now sort invoice items on an invoice alphabetically by title. Previously, sorting by the Title field would sort invoice items by the order in which they were added to the invoice.
Error bubbling up for automated jobs
Errors occurring with automated jobs (such as a non-working FTP link) now show as errors in the Status column in the Automated Jobs search results. Previously, if an error occurred in retrieving a file using an automated job, the error would not show up in the Status column for the automated jobs. Now, you can view and filter by the status of the last time the job was run.