Once you've found the serial (via Discover Items), then:
- Use the Issues screen to manage and receive issues from current subscriptions.
- Use the Copies screen for a comprehensive view of your serial holdings and the ability to edit them.
Serials data migrated from an ILS into WMS does not show up on the Issues screen, so all current subscriptions must be manually added via Manage Issues.
- Search for the serial in the Discover Items area on the left panel.
- From the search results, click the serial's title.
The Copies, Details, Holds, and Schedules links are in the upper right corner of the screen.
Click Copies: for each copy, gives the branch or library name, shelving location, call number, barcode, and number of copies held. A subscription is considered a copy.
Add copies, Holdings view, and Copies view
|Holdings view||Lists item-level holdings (items are the parts that make up the subscription). Each item has a barcode.|
|Copies view||The Copies area lists basic information about the subscription (branch, call number). The Holdings for Selected Copy area lists brief information about the items in the subscription (enumeration and chronology, if relevant, and barcode).|
- When creating or editing issues, make sure the issue metadata (captions, chronology type, etc.) is based on the data from the issue itself. If you want to change the issue metadata to anything other than what appears on the issue itself, make these changes in your library’s WorldCat holdings. For more information, see View and use serial item records.
On Issue Desired Outcome Comments Captions v.1 i.3 v.1 n.3 Adjust issue within WorldCat Holdings Chronology Type
Year, Month - e.g.
v.1 i.1 2014 Jan.
Year Only - e.g.
v.1 i.1 2014
Adjust issue within WorldCat Holdings