One or more items that were ordered, and then received, can still be returned.
Follow the instructions below to return damaged or incorrect items from the One Time Items screen.
- In order to prevent you from accidentally removing the local holding record for multiple received items, you can only return one item at a time.
- You can also return items from the Order Items screen.
- On the left panel, click Orders.
- Click One Time Items.
- Search for the item you received and you now want to return. See Search and filter order items.
- Select the check box next to the item.
- At the top of the screen, click Receive > Return.
- From the Return dialog, select whether you want to Keep barcode and call number data in Acquisitions. Selecting this check box will retain the barcode and call number data stored in Acquisitions for this item, even while removing this information from the corresponding local holding record in WorldCat. This should be selected if you imported shelf-ready item data for this title.
- Click Return.
- If there is a local holding record and the Display in WorldCat box is checked, then any bar code or call number information will be deleted from the local holding record, and it will be returned to the status of On-Order.
- If there is a local holding record and the Display in WorldCat box is not checked, then any local holding records will be deleted.