View all purchase requests
- On the left navigation, click Purchase Requests > Request Items.
- Click Search. All purchase requests appear.
- Results are sorted alphabetically by name.
- To change the sort order, click any column heading.
- To customize the column headings that appear, see Show/hide columns. By default, not all column headings are visible.
- Click the Title to view or edit the purchase request. For details, see View and edit purchase requests.
Search purchase requests
Use the search box to search purchase requests
- On the left navigation, click Purchase Requests.
- Select a purchase request screen.
- Request Items - Displays all purchase requests, including ones rejected for purchase
- Pending Requests - Displays purchase requests that have a Review Status of "Pending" and have not yet been reviewed by anyone
- Approved Requests - Displays purchase requests that have been approved but have not yet been placed on order
Note: To find approved requests placed on an order, search your order items.
- From the drop-down list, select an index to search and type the search term in the box.
- Click Search or press <Enter>.
You can choose the columns that appear.
- Click the gray gear button () above the right-most column.
- In the Show Columns window, select or deselect the columns you want to show or hide.
- Close the Show Columns window by clicking anywhere outside it.
Available purchase request columns
- Purchase request columns - Table
Column Description Date Needed Click the item's title to view or edit the purchase request details. Date Requested Date the item was requested. Notes Any notes about the purchase request.
- Click the Add Note button () to add a new note.
- Click the Add/Edit Note button () to add or edit notes.
Order Status Status Description Cancellation Requested Purchase request has been requested to be canceled Cancelled Purchase request has been canceled Not Cancelled Purchase request not yet canceled Not On Order Purchase request not yet on order Open Purchase request not ordered Ordered Purchase request ordered. Place Patron Hold
Whether the item has a patron hold placed or not.
For the Place Patron Hold feature to function properly, a Location Policy for all holding locations is required. Please see Location Policy, Place Patron Hold for more information.
Request Source The source of the purchase request (e.g., Staff). Requestor The person who requested the item. Review Status Status Description Approved Purchase request has been approved. Pending Purchase request is being reviewed. Rejected Purchase request has been rejected. Reviewer The person assigned to review the purchase request. Title Click the item's title to view or edit the purchase request details.
Filter purchase requests
Purchase requests can be filtered using the filters at the top of the page.
- Click one of the filter names below.
- Select the values you want to apply. You can select one or more. When more than one value is selected, the system searches for any of the selected values.
- Click Apply. Once the filter is applied, you can hover over the filter name to view the selected values.
- (Optional) To remove the filter, click Reset.
You can choose the filters that appear. All filters appear, by default. Selected filters have a check mark next to their name.
- Click Filters (at the top right of the screen).
- To select or deselect a filter, click on the filter name.
- (Optional) You can search through the list of filters by entering a keyword in the search box.
Available purchase request filters
- Purchase request filters - Table
Filter Description Acquisitions Type Type Description One-Time A one-time order. Subscription An order for an item that is published in an ongoing manner (no end date) but is typically purchased by period. Usually requires renewal by the purchaser at the end of the period. Budget Period The budget period of the fund assigned to the item. All budget periods (past, present, and future) are options. Claims Number of times the item has been claimed. Copies Not Received Number of copies not received. Date Created Date the item was added to the order. Date Needed Date Requested Display for Discovery Option Description Display On-Order Items When the order is placed, all order items will appear in Discovery with a status of On Order. Do Not Display On-Order Items When the order is placed, no order items will appear in Discovery. End Date The date the subscription ends. Invoice Status Status Description Open Invoice not paid Paid Invoice paid Ready for Payment Invoice ready for payment Last Claimed Date the item was last claimed. Material Type The item's material type, as determined in the master record. You can search for material types by entering a keyword into the search box. Order Status Status Description Cancellation Requested Purchase request has been requested to be canceled Cancelled Purchase request has been canceled Not Cancelled Purchase request not yet canceled Not On Order Purchase request not yet on order Open Purchase request not ordered Ordered Purchase request ordered. Order Type Type Description Approval Plan List of items received as part of an agreement with supplier to send items based on a profile. The library retains the right to return items not needed. Blanket Order List of items received as part of an agreement with a supplier to send items based on a profile. Vendors do not allow the return of items. DDA Plan List of items received as part of an agreement with supplier to trigger purchase of online materials based on patron usage. Gift/Donation List List of items received from a specific person or organization for free or at little cost to the library. Legal Deposit List List of items received as part of an arrangement with a governmental entity to keep some or all of its publications at the library. Purchase Order List of items created by library to be submitted to supplier. Standing Order List of items received as part of an agreement with supplier to send items belonging to a series or specific publication. Place Date Date the purchase request was placed. Place Patron Hold Whether the item has a patron hold placed or not. Processing Type Type Description Electronic Product A nonphysical, electronic title. May be a single item or a multi-part item. May be issued in parts indefinitely. Monographic Series Monographs released in successive volumes by a single publisher. Each volume in the series has a unique title and ISBN, but all volumes share a common series title. Serial Print serials and multi-part monographs where multiple barcodes are applied. Monograph Monographs where only one barcode is applied. Purchase Status Status Description Invoiced Item is invoiced Not Invoiced Item is not invoiced Paid Item is paid Partially Invoiced Item is partially invoiced Partially Paid Item is partially paid Receipt Status Status Description Not Received Copies have not been received Not Tracked Copies are not being tracked Partially Received Copies have been partially received Received Copies have been received Returned Copies have been returned Renewal Status Whether the subscription item has been renewed or not. Request Source The source of the purchase request (e.g., Staff). Request Status Whether the purchase request has been requested or not. Requestor The person who requested the item. Resource Type WorldCat resource, Knowledge base collection, Knowledge base title Review Status Status Description Approved Purchase request has been approved. Pending Purchase request is being reviewed. Rejected Purchase request has been rejected. Reviewer The person assigned to review the purchase request. Shipping Type Standard, Express, Next Day, Other Start Date The date the subscription starts. Unit Price The price of the item. Vendor To search for a vendor, enter the vendor name into the search box.