Order templates are used to store order information that is reused. Templates are applied to items, not to orders. You can only create templates from items in open orders.
- You cannot create an order item template with a disabled fund.
- You cannot edit templates once they have been created.
- If you select a template, add new information in the Order Item Details, and then switch to a different template, the previous values will be overwritten and cannot be retrieved by switching back to the original template.
Create an order item template
- Find an open order (see Search and filter orders) or an item in an open order (see Search one-time order items and Find, filter, and search subscription items).
- All plan orders (i.e., orders with order type other than Purchase Order) are Placed by default, so you cannot create an order item template from a plan order item.
- Order item templates do not have an order type, so you can create an order item template from an order of type purchase order and use this template to create order items on orders of another type (e.g., Legal Deposit List.).
- On the order screen, click on the title of the item you'd like to create a template from.
- On the Order Item Details screen, make any edits you need for your template.
- Click Save.
- Click Create Template.
- On the Save Order Item as a Template window, enter a:
- Template name.
- On the Save Order Item as a Template window, click Save. You may need to go back and make changes to the order item used to create the template before placing the order.
Apply an order item template
When you add an item to an order or plan, you can apply an order item template to quickly pre-fill information saved in the template to that order item. Applying a template will also enable the Order Item Details accordion for the item, where you can add additional information or override any details populated by the template that may not be applicable to the individual item.
- Search for an item using Discover Items.
- From the search results, find the item you want to order and click Add to > Order.
- On the Add Item to Order window, change the settings as needed. See Add item to order for more information on available settings.
- From the Apply Order Template list, click the template you want to apply.
- Check and edit the details in Item Details (Template: [name]). You can edit or apply the following fields to an order item when using an order item template.
- Available fields in an order item template - Table
Tab Editable field General
- Display in WorldCat
- Audience Level
Audience Level displays for WorldShare Management Services libraries only. Note:
- Unit Price
- % | Discount
- % | Service Charges
- % | Shipping
- % | Tax 1
- % | Tax 2
Notes Any existing notes Custom Fields
- Staff name
- Date Returned
- Academic Department
- To add the item to the order or plan, in the Action column (at right), click Add.
- Click Close.
Note that if you enter any values in the Item Details section when applying a template, these will remain in effect during your session unti you select a new template or manually enter new values.
Delete an order item template
Currently, the only way to delete template is to find an item, add it to an order, select a template, and then delete the template.