Match a Budget Fund Code with an external financial system
Funds are the specific categories or accounts that you choose from when ordering or invoicing items. See Create a budget for the first time.
When creating funds you can enter an identifier used by your institution's financial system (e.g. PeopleSoft, SAP). This allows the Fund Code to be used as a match point between the two systems.
- On the left panel, click Budgets.
- Click New Budget.
- Enter the Start Date and End Date for the fiscal period.
- Click the Add button () in the rightmost column.
- For each fund, you need to enter a Fund Name, Fund Code, and Budgeted Amount. The Fund Code must be unique for that Budget, but the Fund Code and Budgeted Amount may be duplicated. For example, you may have a fund called Books under both the English fund and Geography fund.
- Fund Name: Choose a fund name that is descriptive and easy to read.
- Fund Code: You have numerous options for determining a fund code. Some suggestions:
- A shortened form of the Fund Name (e.g. EngBks for the English Books budget).
- The identifier used by your institution's financial system (e.g. PeopleSoft, SAP). This allows the Fund Code to be used as a match point between the two systems.
- A combination of the above (e.g. EngBks-001234).
Local Identifiers in the Vendor record
Another code can be entered on your Vendor record, see Create new vendor. This allows the Acquisitions API to match it up with the Vendor records on the external finance system.
These identifiers are unique to your library.
|Match Codes||Used when a code is needed to identify (match) vendors in other systems, such as Peoplesoft. Using the same match code for the same vendor in both WMS and other systems facilitates sharing vendor information between systems.|
|Vendor number*||An ID number assigned by your instance of WMS, in the same way order numbers are assigned.|
Mark invoice as Ready
Changing an invoice's status to Ready prevents editing it. The Ready status is often used to mean the invoice is ready to be imported into a separate financial system used by the library. The external financial system (e.g. PeopleSoft, SAP), can harvest the information and pay the invoice. It communicates with WMS, via the Acquisitions API, to identify all invoices with a status of Ready, so that payment can be authorized and made on the external financial system. The external system then communicates again to WMS when payment had been made, so that the status of the WMS Invoice is set to Paid.
Edit an invoice as normal. When completed, optionally you can click Mark as Ready at the top of the screen.
|Change status to||Procedure|
|Ready||Click Mark invoice as Ready at the bottom right of the screen. The invoice's status changes to Ready and the Mark invoice as Ready button changes to Reopen Invoice.|
|Open||Click Reopen invoice at the bottom right of the screen. The invoice's status changes to Open and the Reopen Invoice button changes to Mark invoice as Ready.|