A user's SDI profiles are displayed on the Account Details screen in the OPAC, in the appropriate tab at the bottom of the page.
In the list, the user can find the following:
- Personal SDI alert profiles – These are either SDI profiles that the user has entered in the OPAC or SDI profiles entered in OLIB Web, linked to the user and the user has been flagged as the owner. The profile can be edited by clicking the pencil icon, or it can be deleted by clicking the trashcan icon.
- SDI alert services that the user has subscribed to – These are public SDI profiles that the user has subscribed to. Click the discontinue subscription symbol beside the profile to discontinue the subscription. Click the profile itself to display its full details.
- SDI alert services that the user can subscribe to – These are public SDI profiles that the user has not already subscribed to. Click the subscribe symbol beside the profile to subscribe to it. Click the profile itself to display its full details. Alternatively, the user can create a copy of the public SDI profile and adjust it to suit more specific requirements.
Add a new SDI profile
- In the OPAC, go to ser Services> View/Update Account.
- Click the SDI tab.
- To add a new SDI profile, click Create New below the SDI list. This displays the Add SDI profile screen.
- Enter the SDI profile details in the respective fields. In particular, select the subjects to be included in the profile in the Subjects field. Click the Save changes icon to save the new profile.
The profile is saved and added to the list on the user's profile. Alternatively, click Cancel changes to return to the Account Details.
Edit an SDI profile
- To edit one of your SDI profiles, click on it in the Personal SDI alert profiles section or use the Edit Profile icon. This displays the Change SDI profile screen.
- Edit any of the fields as required and click the Save changes icon to save the changes. Your changes are saved and you are returned to the Account Details screen.
Alternatively, click the Cancel changes button to return to the Account Details screen without saving any changes that may have been made.