►Cataloguing Reference Data> Sub-locations
This is a physical area within a specific Location - for example, Ground Floor, First Floor and so on. A Sub-location record is unique to a specific Location record.
They are created in the Locations domain; any existing Sub-locations records can be viewed in Cataloguing Reference Data> Sub-locations.
How is the Sub-location information displayed?
When viewing Availability / Copy information, the Sub-location for the Copy is displayed in parentheses after the Location name, whenever the Location is displayed - e.g. copies hit lists:
|9064573465||Main Library (First Floor) 362.17 BER||Standard||Available|
Create a new sub-location
- Go to User Management> Locations and modify record.
- In Sub-locations click New.
- Enter the Description (mandatory field).
- Optionally enter Code, (used for data import matching), Notes, Contact and Telephone fields.
- Save the record to link it back to the Location.
Set the default sub-location
One of the Sub-locations for a Location can be flagged as default, so that when new Copies are created and the default Location is populated, the default Sub-location is also automatically populated.
- Go to User Management> Locations.
- Check the box next to the Sub-location required.
- In the Actions drop down, select Set/Clear Default.
- The Default column indicates Yes.
Delete a sub-location
- In User Management> Locations check the box next to the relevant Sub-location.
- In the Actions drop down select Delete.
- Save and Close
Caution: OLIB displays a message if you attempt to delete a Sub-location that is currently in use for any Copy records - these would have to be changed first.
If you edit a Copy's Location and that Location has a default Sub-location then the Sub-location will be automatically added to the Copy record.