►User Management Reference Data> User Categories
Suspend all alerts to a user
All alerts to a specific user can be suspended:
- In the Users domain search for the relevant user.
- On the Email Notice History sheet, set Suspend All Emails? to Yes.
- On the SMS Notice History sheet, set Suspend All SMS Alerts? to Yes.
Suspend overdues email alerts
A set of fields control whether and when email overdues should be suspended. These can be utilised at the level of:
- Individual User (Email Notice History sheet)
- All users in a User Category: if a User Category's Odues Suspended field is set to Yes, no Users with that User Category will receive email overdues
- Specific Copy record: in the Loan Details if a copy's Odues Suspended field is set to Yes, email overdues for that copy will not be sent to the User who has the item on loan
Edit these fields in any of the above domains as follows:
- In Suspend Odues On use the calendar to determine when suspension starts. Set it to the date on which email overdues should be suspended to this user. At the relevant time, an overnight process also clears out the Suspend Odues On field.
- Optionally enter a reason in Suspend Reason.
- An overnight process identifies all users who should have email overdues suspended that day, and it sets the Odues Suspended? flag to Yes for those users. While the Odues Suspended flag is set to Yes, the user will not receive any email overdues. You can also manually suspend email overdues for a user simply by setting Odues Suspended? to Yes.
- In Resume Odues On enter when to resume sending overdues by email to this user. Another overnight process identifies all users who should have email overdues resumed that day. For these users, the Odues Suspended? flag is set back to No, and the Resume Odues On field is cleared.