Alerting and the book order notice
►Alerting > Notices
This method of outputting orders, sends the order and details of order items in an email to the Supplier's email address, when you set the Order to Outstanding. The monograph order notice uses OLIB's Alerting feature. The order notice is configured as follows:
- In Alerting> Notices select the Example Order notice and in Other Actions choose Create Close Copy.
- Click on the copy to display full details and Modify Record.
- Set Notice Type to Monograph Order (or Serial Order if this is a Subscription order).
- (Optional) Search for a Supplier. If left blank, OLIB picks up the Supplier from the order itself. If required you can create notices for different suppliers.
- (Optional) Enter relevant Locations (codes) who will use this notice.
- In Notice Text enter the fields, text, and punctuation you wish to include in the email. Use the same syntax as is used for configurable export formats to define the main body of the email. For example, to include data from a field, enter the OLSTF tag surrounded by angle brackets. If you only want the text to be included if the field itself contains data, surround the OLSTF tag and associated text with the appropriate hash tag combination.
The OLSTF table shows you which tags are available for you to use in the Notice Text field. From OLIB 9 onwards, tags from the Titles domain can be included in order notices as supplied in the Example notice text here:
<body><basefont size="3" color="blue" face="Arial"/>
Please supply the following item(s):<br /><br />
Order Ref: <ORDORDERREF><br />#OI#
Title: <OITITLE><br />
Author(s): <TAUTHS><br />#ISNN##I1#
ISBN: <IS><br />#/I1##/ISNN#
Publisher: <TIPU1><br />
Publication Date: <TIPD1><br />
Quantity: <OIORD><br />
Item Price: <OIITEMPRICE><br />
Total Cost: <OITOTALCOST><br /><br />#/OI#
- Set the From Address to a valid email address, e.g. a generic address for your library, so that if the user hits the Reply button, the reply email will be delivered to the appropriate member of staff.
- Set Transmit Type - To Supplier’s email address if you wish the email to be sent directly to the Supplier. If you would rather send the email to a nominated member of staff set to To To List.
- Configure the recipients of the email:
- To List: Enter an email address here if you want to send t o a member of staff to review prior to forwarding on to the supplier.
- CC List: Enter an email address to which a copy of the notice should be sent.
- BCC List: Enter an email address to which a blind copy of the notice should be sent.
- Subject Line: Enter the text to be used as the subject line of the notice.
- Enabled: Set to Yes to cause the system to start sending notices in daystart using the settings in the previous fields. If Enabled is set to No or is empty, notices will not be sent.
Note: You may require a different notice to be sent to different suppliers - additional notices can be created.
- If you wish the notice to be sent automatically to the supplier, set the Email Addr for Orders field on the Supplier record.
The SMTP server name for your organisation must also be configured for alerting to work.