Total Record Counts
Find the following record counts for Titles (bibliographic records) and Items (item records):
- All Records: Tally of all of the print records that OCLC received from your library at the outset of the project.
- All Records - Filtered: Tally of the entire extract minus records that have been filtered out of the GreenGlass analysis. Records are filtered out for two primary reasons:
- Lack of valid OCLC number
- Out-of-scope due to their location or record type
The Key Metrics counts offer a few simple points of reference to consider as you begin to explore your collection. Throughout GreenGlass, 'recorded uses' represents ILS charges plus other internal use tallies you may have supplied in your extract, like historical browses, reshelving counts, or reading room loans, etc. Your library is represented in blue.
If your library defined categories of material that are of special import to the collection or the community, a description of those categories can be retrieved by clicking on the green (?) icon. Items that meet the specified conditions have been flagged. Note that as you build queries, you will have the opportunity to include, exclude, or isolate these special category items. For a list of these items, click on the hyperlinked tally and scroll down the page.
This is the GreenGlass collection visualization tool. The first view of your monographs collection will be an LC/NLM subject distribution. Change the view via the Distribution drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the bar chart display, and then choose an Overlay. Experiment with unfamiliar combinations to see your collection in new ways. Scroll down the page to see the data in tabular form and click on the item level tallies to see corresponding lists of items. See Online Item Lists for more information.
Dewey libraries and libraries with significant parts of the collection cataloged in Dewey will see a Dewey distribution as the first alternative. Even if your library uses Dewey call numbers or another classification scheme, we have associated LC call numbers whenever possible.
In preparing your library's data for GreenGlass, OCLC has compiled seven lists that may help to improve the efficacy of your records, the completeness of your WorldCat holdings, and/or the general efficacy of your collection. The first three contain items that have been filtered out of the GreenGlass Universe. All of these lists can be exported and adjusted to support local workflows:
- Records without OCLC numbers (filtered out of GreenGlass)
- Records with a title or author that does not match the corresponding WorldCat™ record (filtered out of GreenGlass)
- Out-of-Scope Records (filtered out of GreenGlass)
- Watch a video: Understanding Out-of-Scope Records (4:51) for more information.
- Records for which GreenGlass has assigned an OCLC number
- Records for which your library's holding is not set in WorldCat™
- Multi-edition titles
- Watch a video: Understanding Multi-Edition Titles (3:00) for more information.
- Possible duplicates
- Watch a video: Understanding Possible Duplicates (5:09) for more information
Known Item Search
To find specific items, enter a keyword/phrase or one of the following identifier numbers:
- WorldCat OCLC number
- Bib record number
- OCLC Work ID
- The keyword search field indexes the title, author, publisher, series title, and enumeration fields.
Like all item lists in GreenGlass, these lists are exportable.