I want to reregister borrowers en masse without checking the details of each one
- Amlib Borrower
It is possible to find those borrowers who have expired and mass change the registration date to a date in the future if required.
However no checking can be done of the contact details of each borrower, which is usually the purpose of the re-register action.
First of all find those Borrowers who have an expiry date less than the current date:
- Go to Main > Borrowers > BorrowerWhere - the Borrower Where Search screen will display.
- HIghlight the Reg Exp field from Box 1 (Choose Column to Search).
- Select the Operator of < from Box 2 (Choose Operator).
- Click the Special button at Box 3 (Type the WHERE Condition).
- Highlight Current Date and click Paste.
- It will populate the Table at Box 4 (Query Description) as Reg Exp < Current Date.
- Click F7 QtoFile - the Borrower Saved Query Results window will display.
- Click F1 New to create a New Saved File.
- Type a name for the File in the Details column - for example, Expired Borrowers.
- Click F3 Save.
- Highlight this new saved file and click F9 Select.
- The Saved File count will display, showing the number of borrowers contained in the file.
- Click OK.
Secondly mass change the Borrowers in this file to a new Expiry Date.
- Go to Main > Borrowers - the Borrower screen will display.
- Select the File menu > Display File.
- Highlight the saved file from the above (e.g. Expired Borrowers).
- Click F9 Select.
- From the Borrowers List window select Table > Mass Borrower Change.
- In Box 1 select BorExp.
- In Box 2 enter the New Column Value for the new Expiry Date (in dd/mm/yyyy format). For example, 31/12/2023).
- Click Paste.
- Check the date to ensure it is correct.
- If you wish to update all the Borrowers in the File to this new Expiry Date, select F3 Update.
- The new expiry date will apply to every borrower in the file.
More information about Borrower Expiry