Learn how to add reservations to copies where other items in the Table already have reservations in Amlib.
This facility is used to add reservations to copies where other items in the Table already have reservations. It can be used in the same way as Reserve Allocate to add Reservations to the items that have the same Catalogue.
If processed a particular way, it can be also be used to add reservations to items that do not have the same Catalogue reference. For example, Items that have the same Title but differing ISBNs or different formats e.g. Books, CDs and DVDs.
Note: Each item without the reservation has to be allocated separately – only 1 item without the reservation can be processed at a time
- Launch the Amlib client
- Go to Main > StockItems > Stockitem – the Stockitem screen will display
- Locate the Items by querying the Title to bring up a Table of items. Once the Query is created, the resulting Table will have some with reservations, some without
- Ensure the item/s without reservations are at the top of the table.
- This can be done by using Table, Sequence, Rsv - click the Button – Increasing and click OK
- The Table will refresh with the Items without reservations at the top of the Table
- Highlight the Items in the list and select Reserve Shuffle from the Table Menu.
- A ReAllocate Stockitem Reservation screen is displayed.
- Highlight the reservations you wish to add to the new item (this is often the whole list).
Note: Take note of the Reserve Status. You do not want to add the reserve onto one that has already been returned or printed as this will then add another Reserve to one that has already been allocated. (If the Reserve is accidentally added to a RETURN or PRINTED the reserve will not clear when the already reserved item is loaned out).
- Select Addto [F2] or Add First [F1] if appropriate.
- This will add all the highlighted reserves from the Items in the Window to the Item To Add (which was the item at the top of the Table). Select Save [F3].
- To trigger the reservation, any of the items can be placed through Returns.
Note: The reservations can only be allocated to one item at a time. If there are more to be allocated highlight the next unallocated item and repeat the process:
- Ensure the item without the Reservation is at the top of the Table by resequencing
- Highlight the items on the Table and choose Reserve Shuffle from the Table Menu
- Press F2 AddTo
- The Reserve/s are now added to the item without the Reservation (even though it has a different Catalogue Number)