This section assumes that a Catalogue record already exists for an item. If you don’t immediately choose to create a Stockitem record when a Catalogue record is created, you can select XReferences > Stockitems from the Catalog menu to initiate the process.
- A prompt will display with the following message: No Stockitems exist for the Catalogue. Do you wish to create a new Item?
- Click on the Yes button – a New Stockitem prompt will display with the following message:
Please choose a Form Type for the new Stockitem
- Choose the appropriate Form type and click on the OK button – the Stockitem main screen will enter creation mode (the F2 Insert button will appear bolded) and a number of fields will be pre-populated:
- Complete the other fields as required – for example: Stats Code, Current Cost, Floor location, etc – to access a list of codes in a field press .<TAB>
For example: in the Stats Code field, pressing .<TAB> will display a list of your Stats Codes and Descriptions – double-click on a entry to select it
- Scan in barcode in the Item No field (if you wish to create a system-generated barcode, leave this field blank)
- Click on the F2 Insert button when complete – the following prompt will appear: The Item has been Inserted.
- Click on the OK button
To enter multiple copies of the same catalogue item:
- Scan in a new barcode into the Item No field – the F2 Insert button will once again become bolded
- Change any other details as required – for example: Stats Code, Copy No and Floor location
- Click the F2 Insert button when complete.