This facility allows a Global refresh of Stockitems according to the option chosen. The option is selected from the table. This can be done on selected items from a saved file or against the database by entering a Start and End of Unique numbers (e.g. 1 to 99999) entered.
Note: Ensure that you have recent Amlib backups prior to running Autolink. Many of these facilities, though useful, are powerful and make global changes. They should be run in consultation from Amlib Support and as directed. During the following step all users should NOT be using the Stockitem Module for anything BUT searching.
*Rebuild keys using Stockitem data (uses Stock Stopwords)
This would only be used if the Stopword listing had been changed in Authority, Application, KeywordStopList. Enter a range of Unique numbers to Rebuild (e.g. 1 to 100000). You will then be asked to enter the Line Number (e.g. Line 1, Title, Line 4 Series) to Rebuild. Once this is selected, the Rebuild will commence. A message will display indicating the number of items Rebuilt.
*Non Catalogued items Only (Same as Rebuild Keys)
This would only be used for Stockitems with no Catalogue data, if the Stopword listing had been changed in Authority, Application, KeywordStopList. Enter a range of Unique numbers to Rebuild (e.g. 1 to 100000). You will then be asked to enter the Line Number (e.g. Line 1, Title, Line 4 Series) to Rebuild. Once this is selected, the Rebuild will commence. A message will display indicating the number of items Rebuilt.
|*Refresh ALL items from catalogue using (excludes Periodicals and Orders)
Refreshes all Stockitems that are different to the Catalogue data. This needs to be used with caution, as there may be a reason behind making the Stockitems different (e.g. Primary Campus having different Call Nos. to Senior Campus but sharing the same Catalogue Number). Enter a range of Unique numbers to Rebuild (e.g. 1 to 100000). A message will display indicating the number of items refreshed.
Note: Single items can be Refreshed from Catalogue from the Stockitem, Item menu.
|Remove Excess History
Can be set to delete history entries from Stockitem records based on Installation parameters.
For large libraries from time to time it may be necessary to delete history records from the Borrower and Stockitem modules. The history records contained within the stockitem history are directly linked to the borrower history. Deleting the Stockitem ‘RETURN’ history also deletes the corresponding ‘RETURN’ entry in the borrower history. Borrower Types that have the ‘Keep History’ parameter set to ‘Y’ do not have their READING history deleted in this process. The Stockitem History Deletion Autolink function will only delete history records as determined in Supervisor > Installation > Circulation > Keep the last ### History records.
|Change of Stats Period – Issues, renewals, reserves by item
|Creates a new Statistics Period so that the new statistics can be compared to the previous period. This history can be viewed in the Stockitem /Item/ History menu. This needs to be used with Caution as when run several times, the History can only be viewed for 2 periods - Current Period and Previous Period. The possibility of checking what has never been borrowed since System inception will be lost. Use only under guidance of Amlib Support.
|Enables the refresh to be restricted to a Saved File. When this is selected, a list of Stockitem Files display where the relevant File can be selected.
Note: Facilities marked with an asterisk (*) will prompt for lines to be refreshed from Catalogue.
Run the Stockitem autolink
- In Amlib navigate to Main > Stockitems > Stockitem.
- Select Application > StockitemAutolink.
- In the Options section tick the task to be completed.
- To perform the task against the entire database enter 1 next to Start and 99999 next to End OR to perform the task only on a saved file select the GetFile button.
- Select the Start button (note the and the End count will then refresh to the number of records to be affected).
- Tick the lines that are to be refreshed. These are the 6 lines of the Stockitem screen and/or Volume, Edition and Call Set fields. Only tick those Stockitem lines that are to be rebuilt from Catalogue (note that the Remove Excess History option does not display this screen, all others do).
- The process will then run, displaying the updates as it runs. This is a system intensive process so avoid making any other demands on the system until it is complete.
- At the end of the process a message will display, indicating the number of items processed, select OK.