Learn about Reserve Allocate which is used to add reservations to copies where other items sharing that same Catalogue record have reservations in Amlib.
Adding Reservations to Extra Copies of an Item Already Reserved
Reserve Allocate is used to add reservations to copies where other items sharing that same Catalogue record have reservations – for example: new items added to the database sharing a catalogue record with other items already reserved.
- Launch the Amlib client
- Go to Main > StockItems > Stockitem – the Stockitem screen will display
- Locate the item to be added using an F5 Query (or by typing in the Item No)
- Once the item is displayed, select Item > ReserveAllocate from the menu – the ReAllocate Stockitem Reservations table will display with a list of items attached to the same catalogue record that are already reserved:
- Highlight the reservations you wish to add to the new item (this is often the whole list). Note: Take note of the Reserve Status. You do not want to add the reserve onto one that has already been returned or printed as this will then add another Reserve to one that has already been allocated. (If the Reserve is accidentally added to a RETURN or PRINTED the reserve will not clear when the already reserved item is loaned out).
- Click the F2 AddTo button – the new item will be added to the top of the list:
- Click the F3 Save button
- To trigger the reservation, the new item can be placed through Returns