Use the OCLC Services account page to either create an account or to add a service to your existing account.
Each institution has a library-specific WorldShare URL with the format below. Each staff member should have their own account credentials. By default, administrative roles will be assigned. To edit roles or manage account, see WorldShare Admin, User Management .
You will need your 9-digit service authorization. Use a system password or an administrative password, depending on the service. Your institution might have more than one authorization/password combination. You must use the authorization/password associated with the service you are adding or migrating from.
|9-digit format*||Password required||Service or migrating service||New service association|
|100-xxx-xxx||Administrative password||FirstSearch, WorldCat/FirstSearch database content||Staff accounts in the WorldCat Discovery interface|
|100-xxx-xxx||System password||Access to (full) cataloging functions, Connexion||WorldShare Metadata Services, Record Manager and Collection Manager|
|100-xxx-xxx||System password||Resource Sharing/ILL||WorldShare ILL|
*With or without dashes
Choose to create an account or add additional services to an existing account
Identify with one of the statements below and follow the link for instructions:
I do NOT have an OCLC Services account or an account for the WorldShare interface.
I already have an OCLC Services account; I use another WorldShare application.
Not sure which to choose?
- Find more information about accounts (expand)
- You have an existing OCLC Services account (credentials for the WorldShare interface) if you have access to any of the following:
- WorldShare Acquisitions, or Circulation
- WorldShare Interlibrary Loan
- WorldShare Collection Manager (Metadata tab)
- WorldShare Record Manager (Metadata tab) Or, if you have a staff sign in for your library's WorldCat Discovery interface.
About WorldShare accounts
The WorldShare interface is home to OCLC’s various cloud-based applications and is where you will administer some of the settings for your library’s WorldShare applications. Each institution with WorldShare access has a unique WorldShare URL; OCLC recommends that each staff member use their own account rather than using a shared account.
Create and add services
Use the information on this page either to create a new individual account or to add a new service to your existing, individual WorldShare account.
If your institution does not yet have a WorldShare URL, it will be created in the process and you will be directed to the interface where you should take note of the URL. Note that some products and services require you to complete a request form before you use the OCLC Services page.
You will need to enter a 9-digit service authorization
You will also need to enter the appropriate system password or the administrative password, depending on the service. See Find your nine digit service authorization.
Libraries that do not have a cataloging subscription: You have an alternative process to the one described on this page. After filling out the request form (if required), you will get an email instructing you to to set a password. See Set or reset your password.
Libraries in regions outside of the U.S.: You might have an alternative process as well.
Create additional staff accounts
Option 1: If you need additional accounts for your staff, direct them to follow the instruction on this page to use the OCLC Services account page. By default, administrative roles will be assigned.
Option 2: If you have administrative roles for an application, you have the option to create staff accounts for the application in the Admin module in the WorldShare interface where you can assign non-administrative roles. See WorldShare Admin, User Management.
Need help? Contact OCLC Order Services with the information they need to help you manage accounts.
Manage staff accounts
If you have administrative roles for an application, use the Admin module in the WorldShare interface to edit roles and other account information. See WorldShare Admin, User Management.
Find more information about roles
See all of the WorldShare Admin roles.
Option 1: Create an account
Visit the OCLC Services account page (https://share.worldcat.org/myaccount). Click on the Create account button and follow the prompts.
- Enter your Authorization
- Confirm your Institution
- The institution's name should be listed as well as the service roles being added to your account. Roles are associated with each service in the WorldShare interface. They let you know what tasks your account can perform. Find more information on roles.
- Clicking Not my Institution will allow you to start over.
- Create your New Account
- Fill out all fields and click Create Account.
- Username: Must be three characters or more, with at least one English letter. Spaces and the following characters are not allowed:
- < > , ; : / [ ] ( )
- Password: Should be case-sensitive, and must be six characters or more, with at least one non-alphabetic character. Spaces and the following characters are not allowed:
- ; : ' . (the period is included as not allowed)
- Congratulations!! You can now sign in to your new service. Click on the button with the name of the application (or the suite it is in). You will be taken to your institution’s WorldShare URL. Sign in using the username and password you just created.
Bookmark or write down your WorldShare URL. You will need to edit the bookmark to match the correct format. Use the format: https://yourlibrary.share.worldcat.org/wms
Option 2: Add services to your existing account
Visit the OCLC Services account page (https://share.worldcat.org/myaccount). Below the list of services on the right side of the screen, click on the Add services to my account button and follow the prompts.
- Search for your Institution
- Use your OCLC symbol, institution name or zip code to search for your institution and select it. You will be brought to a log in screen.
- Enter your WorldShare credentials
- Enter the credentials you use for your existing WorldShare services. You will be directed to the screen to add additional services.
- Enter your Authorization
- Review available options
- You will see your institution's name and information about service roles. Find more information on roles.
- Add your new services
- Click Confirm or follow the prompt.
You can now use the service. Click on the name of the application or suite. You will be taken to your institution’s WorldShare URL and to your account.
If you do not see your new service in the interface, try refreshing your browser or signing out and signing back in.
Accounts for additional staff members
Each institution has a library-specific WorldShare URL. Each staff member should have their own account credentials. There are two options to add staff accounts:
- OCLC Services account page - Staff members can use the same instructions to use the OCLC Services account page. They should start at the beginning of the page to decide if they are creating or adding to an account.
By default, administrative roles will be assigned. Administrative rolls allow the account holder to add and delete other accounts.
WorldShare Admin module - To edit roles or manage accounts, see the WorldShare Admin, User Management help.
WorldShare Admin module
Anyone with an administrative role for an application can edit and manage other staff accounts for that application using the Admin module in the WorldShare interface. See the WorldShare Admin, User Management for more information.
Find a forgotten WorldShare URL