Why are holdings not displaying in WorldCat Discovery search results even though our holdings are attached to a record?
- There are LHRs in WorldShare but WorldCat Discovery has no Availability section showing holdings
- WorldCat Discovery
- WorldShare Collection Manager
- WorldShare Record Manager
Holdings display involves several different pieces so check the following:
- For physical items with an LHR, confirm that the LHR is on the record you are expecting and does not have a validation error. If it does, correct the error and re-save the LHR.
- If it doesn't have a validation error, momentary outages can cause holdings to be partially complete. Simply re-saving the LHR without making changes usually resolves this when it happens.
- Check the LHR for a 035 tag that is pointing to a different OCN. If one is there, delete the 035 and re-save.
- Holdings added via the WorldCat knowledge base usually take 24-48 hours to complete. If you just selected a title in the WorldCat knowledge base this is the most likely reason the holding is not appearing.
- If the item is an article that is found in worldcat.org (i.e. you can find the article title in Record Manager), and you have an LHR attached to the article record, make sure that there isn't an ISSN in the bib record in Record Manager. Discovery will try and match to the ISSN before it matches on the OCLC Number in this case. Check the 040 field and the 773 field.
If none of the above resolve the issue and the holding does not appear within a few days, please contact OCLC Support with your institution's OCLC symbol and the OCLC number for the title.
More on how the WorldCat knowledge base sets holdings is available. How to set holdings on titles using WorldShare Record Manager is also available.