Course Reserves in WorldCat Discovery allows your patrons to search materials set aside for specific academic courses or for readers' advisory lists. Using this feature, library staff can create these reserve lists including items from the library’s collection, or temporary items from faculty or other sources.
Course Reserves functionality is available to libraries who use WorldShare Management Services and those who use WorldCat Discovery and have purchased the course reserves add-on feature.
This course provides details about managing course reserves in WorldCat Discovery specifically how to:
- create course reserves
- update existing reserves lists (add items and notes/edit existing items/remove items)
- create temporary items for inclusion in reserves lists
- determine Service Configuration settings to search and display Course Reserves materials
How to manage circulation of items from Course Reserves such as updating shelving locations (single item and multiple items) and creating temporary items for check out are mentioned. Specific details about these functions in WorldShare Circulation are explained in the related session, Configure Course Reserves in WorldShare Circulation.
Library staff who configure WorldCat Discovery and maintain course reserves in that interface would benefit from this course. Circulation staff who oversee shelving location changes and inventory management may also find this information useful.
Register for live, online training
|Tuesday, July 26, 2022||2:00PM - 3:30PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]||Register|
View a recorded session
View a recorded session (73 minutes)
- Request closed captioning
- Closed captioning is available in the US upon request with 5 business days' notice. To request closed captioning for a training session, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Cancellation policy
- In the event of low attendance, OCLC may cancel a training session. In this situation, registrants will be notified by email in advance of the session.