Release Date: September 16, 2020
This release of WorldCat Discovery provides a handful of bug fixes. Many of these enhancements are the direct result of your feedback.
For this release, we recommend that you review the following checklists and complete the relevant tasks so that you can adjust your policies and workflows and train your staff. These checklists identify updates that we have determined as significant for most institutions. We encourage you to review all of the items in the release notes to determine whether there are other items that might require additional action or follow up by your institution.
These items require immediate action or decisions.
Review the new bug fixes.
In an effort to keep your staff informed of new features and changes, you may also want to consider these items.
Review the new bug fixes with your staff members.
When users are proxied into WorldCat Discovery, reCAPTCHA will no longer prevent email from sending
When a library user authenticates via their proxy into WorldCat Discovery, they will be able to send emails from within the WorldCat Discovery interface. Prior to this release, users who authenticated through a proxy were unable to send emails from within WorldCat Discovery
Html code fixed for the apostrophe ''' in a library's name under Editions and Formats tab
When looking in the "Explore editions and formats” tab in a detailed item record, an institution’s name with an apostrophe, displays with the html code appearing instead of the apostrophe. This has been fixed with the September release.
Previously Displayed as:
Will now display as:
This is a list of new databases added to WorldCat Discovery and WorldCat.org since our last update.
You can enable these databases as search options in the Licensed Content and Databases module of the OCLC Service Configuration site. Please remember that your library must have a valid subscription to these databases in order to enable them.
The complete list of databases is available at https://help.oclc.org/@api/deki/files/6370/contentlisttargetID.xlsx
Available in WorldCat Discovery and WorldCat.org
- World Christian Encyclopedia Online - This in the online version of the third edition of the World Christian Encyclopedia, one of the most-cited reference works in mission and World Christianity studies.
From Répertoire International de Littérature Musicale
- MGG Online - The preeminent digital encyclopedia for music researchers worldwide. It builds on the second edition of Die Musik in Geschichte und Gegenwart (MGG, 1994–2008), offering new and substantially updated content as well as continuous updates, revisions, and additions.
- RILM Music Encyclopedias - An ever-expanding full-text compilation of dozens of reference works published from 1775 to the present. It provides comprehensive encyclopedic coverage of the most important fields and subject areas of historical musicology, ethnomusicology, and theory, with topics ranging from popular music and rock, opera, instruments, blues and gospel, to performers and women composers.
From Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- SIAM Back Files 1996-back - SIAM publishes peer-reviewed research journals and is a leading source of knowledge for the world's applied mathematics and computational science communities.
- SIAM e-books - SIAM e-books are a leading source of knowledge for the applied mathematics and computational science communities.
- SIAM Front Files 1997-present - SIAM publishes peer-reviewed research journals and is a leading source of knowledge for the world's applied mathematics and computational science communities.
- SIAM Proceedings - SIAM proceedings brings you original, peer-reviewed research from conferences on topics in applied and computational mathematics and applications.
Available in WorldCat Discovery
From Adam Matthew Digital
- Mass Observation Project, 1981-2009 - Mass Observation Project 1981-2009 provides digital access to a unique life-writing archive, capturing the everyday experiences, thoughts and opinions of people living through the turbulent final decades of the 20th century and the advent of the 21st century.
Support information for this product and related products can be found at:
Include Request ID with problem reports
When reporting an issue with WorldCat Discovery, it is extremely helpful to include the Request ID. The Request ID is found at the bottom of the screen on which the issue occurred. Including this information allows us to directly trace what happened on the request we are troubleshooting.