WorldCat.org tries to determine your location based on the unique Internet protocol (IP) address assigned to the network connection or Internet service provider you are using. When you open WorldCat.org, a location dialog appears that states: It looks like you are in [location]. Not correct?.
- Click Share current location if the location identified is not correct. The location will update based on your IP address.
- Click the X if you do not wish to share your location with WorldCat.org.
If you are using your normal Internet connection from a remote location, such as logging on while on vacation, it is possible that the options generated by IP recognition will not reflect your current location. To manually change your location:
- Click the location in the header. The Update Location dialog opens.
- From the Update Location dialog, enter the city name or postal code for your location
Click Use My Location to use your exact location.
- Click Update Location. Your current location will be reflected in the header.