- When a patron submits a question through an email form, they encounter an error stating "Ask a Librarian Error: There is a problem with the Question form that was submitted. Your question has not been sent. Please contact your library staff for help in resolving this problem."
Patrons may encounter this error if the form method used by your library is still using http. To check this, please follow these steps:
- Go to the URL of the page with your email form.
- Press Ctrl + U to see the source code for the page.
- Look for "action=" in the source code and check whether the QuestionPoint URL listed is using http.
- If http is still being used, have your library's web developer update the URL to https.
If the URL has already been updated to https or this does not fix the issue, please contact OCLC Support. This error may also be caused if your library is using the Validate Referrer URL option in QuestionPoint and the email form's URL has not been added or entered correctly.