Use the information below to help you enter the information for your institution's profile.
For an overview of the profile process, see Complete and maintain a profile.
For help with the previous step in the profile process, see Gather needed information.
For help with the next step in the profile process, see Submit the profile.
Use uppercase and lowercase letters
- Enter the information for your institution's profile in uppercase and lowercase letters. If the system supplied some profile information for you in uppercase only, please correct it using uppercase and lowercase letters.
Save additions and changes for each part and screen
- A Save button is located at the bottom of each part and screen of your institution's profile. You must save a part or screen when you enter or change information on it. To avoid losing any additions or changes, click the Save button before leaving a part or screen.
Going to a profile part
Checking your progress
Submitting your profile
See Submit the profile.
Ending a profile session
To end your profile session and exit QuestionPoint:
- Save any additions or changes.
- Click Exit (located at the top of each screen).
30-minute timeout period
Your session in QuestionPoint times out (ends automatically) whenever you wait more than 30 minutes to save data or move to another part or screen.
- However, if your session times out, any unsaved profile additions or changes are lost and must be reentered.
Restarting the timeout period
To restart the 30-minute timeout period, do one of the following every 15 to 20 minutes:
- Click the Save button located at the bottom of each part and screen of your institution's profile. You can click the button even if you have not added or changed information on the screen.
- If the part or screen you are viewing has no Save button, click a link to another part or screen.
When only a few minutes remain until your QuestionPoint session times out, QuestionPoint displays a timeout warning message in a separate browser window. To restart the timeout period, click the Reset button in that message.
What happens if your session times out
If your session times out, the system displays a logon screen when you next try to save information or move around in the profile. Any unsaved profile additions or changes made during the session are lost and need to be reentered.
Removing unwanted, unsaved additions and changes
If you want to remove all the changes that you entered on a part or screen after you last saved it, click the Reset button. When you click the button, the system redisplays the part or screen with the information it contained when it was last saved.
Procedures for particular parts of the profile
For procedures for entering the information for particular parts of the profile, see the following: