Edit and activate an inactive KB record
- Navigate to the Record Detail page for the inactive record and click Edit. QuestionPoint displays the Edit Record page. (If there is no Edit button on the Record Detail, you cannot edit or activate the record.)
- Click Print View to view a printer-friendly version of the Record Detail page in a separate window while you edit the record. For example, you can use the Record Detail as a reference while you add a citation. Or, you can check that any URLs have been properly linked before you activate the record.
- Change or add Required Fields as needed and click Save.
(Do not change the Knowledge Base Status information in this step.)
- Change or add Optional Fields as needed and click Save.
(Do not change the Subject, Geographic Code, or Citation information in this step.)
- Add or remove Subject information as needed and click Save.
To do this, click the Subject link at the top of the page to go to the page for editing Subject information.
- Add or remove Geographic Code information as needed and click Save.
To do this, click the Geographic Code link at the top of the page to go to the page for editing Geographic Code information.
- Add, remove, or change Citation information as needed.
To do this, click the Citation link at the top of the page to go to the page for editing Citation information. Any existing citations are listed at the bottom of the page.
- Change Knowledge Base Status information or activate the record as needed and click Save.
To do this:
- Finish editing the record:
- If you did not activate the record, click Return to Record Display to return to the Record Detail page and then click Unlock to make the record available for KB editors to edit.
- If you did activate the record, you are finished. QuestionPoint displays the Record Detail page with a note indicating that the record will become searchable within 24 hours. The Record Detail page now has an Update button (instead of an Edit button).
Click Reset on a page to remove any changes that you made after you last saved the page.
Click Unlock on the Edit Record page to stop editing the record and return to the Record Detail page. Any changes that you saved remain in the record. When you unlock a record, a KB editor can work on it as needed.
Return to Record Display
Click Return to Record Display to return to the Record Detail page without unlocking the record. Any changes that you saved remain in the record. (You can click Unlock button on the Record Detail page to unlock the record.)
Header fields and links
The Edit Record page includes a header that contains data fields and links. It is similar to the header of the Record Detail page. Header fields and links