This guide describes reviews of Full Transcripts only and how to request them. To read about offline reviews of Fielded Data (Form Fields) and how to request them, see Review your form field data. To see a similar guide for reviewing transcripts online, see General review of your transcripts.
Why should I review transcripts?
Reviews let you:
- Review your questions and transcripts to provide quality control for your institution or group.
- Review transcripts you may no longer have access to in your questions list, such as transcripts from chat sessions you picked up for another library.
- Import the data into various applications to analyze your reference service.
What is the scope?
Offline transcript reviews cover both the current 90 days and your Service History.
Transcripts of all transaction types are available for review: chat and Qwidget, question form and walk-up (Add Question), and texting.
Where are the reviews located?
- In the Ask a Librarian module, click Review Transcripts.
- Click Offline.
- Select Transcripts as the Report Type.
Who can access offline reviews?
Offline reviews are available to the following accounts, which are described in the Administrator setup guide:
- Subscription Group (Base Management Environment (BME)) administrator can review for his or her institution or group.
- Institution (Service Unit Profile (SUP)) administrator can review for his or her institution.
- Ask administrator can review for his or her institution.
Why choose offline instead of online?
- No impact on system resources. Offline reviews are run during slow times, so they are not in competition for system resources. Online reviews are limited to only 25 transactions to ensure they will have no impact on system performance.
- Set up and results are saved. Offline reviews are compiled overnight and a zipped file stored in your QuestionPoint account for up to one week. The setup can also be saved for repeat runs over time. Online reviews are run immediately and are not saved.
- Review Service History. You can review data in your Service History as well as data from the current 90 days.
- Request 5 reviews at a time. You can request 5 offline reviews simultaneously.
- Review larger date ranges, multiple accounts. You can run several months at one time, offline, and BME administrators can review all institutions at the same time. Online, they must select a single institution if they want to have certain limit options. And they can export only 25 transactions at a time.
Caution: A single review is limited to no more than 10,000 records.
How do I manage offline reviews?
Note: You cannot copy a saved or scheduled review to create a new one. Instead, use the Create New tab.
How do I request a new review?
- Navigate to Ask > Review Transcripts > Offline.
- Click Create New.
- Schedule a new review and enter the title for your review.
- Click Active or Service History.
- Select Transcripts for Report Type.
- Click Limit Search.
- On the Limit Search page, select the Session Type you want. Currently, question web forms are called "Emails."
- Set the date range you want.
- Set any other parameters on the page to limit reviewed transactions to just those wanted.
- Click Select Fields.
- On the Select Fields page, enter a notification email address and select the Format for the review.
- Select/deselect Field Data you want.
- Click Submit. Your request will appear under the Scheduled tab.
- After 11:00 Universal Time Coordinated, return to the Offline module.
- Click Completed.
- Click Download and save the compressed (zipped) file to your computer.
Options and tips for offline reviews
|Schedule or Save||Schedule the review to be run during the regular daily job, usually around 11:00 Universal Time Coordinated. You can only have 5 reviews scheduled or completed at any single time. If you have more, you must delete one. Save the review set-up so you can run it at a later time. You can have only 25 reviews saved at any one time. You may select either or both.|
|Title||Provide your own title so you will recognize what the review is for.|
|Active or Service History||Active means transactions with activity in the most recent 90 days. Service History means all older transactions.|
|Report Type||Transcripts or Fielded Data. Select Transcripts for a transcripts review.|
|Institution||Institution (group administrator only). Select one or all institutions.|
|Assigned Librarian||You can select a specific librarian assigned to transactions. This would limit the retrieved data to just what that librarian did. If a BME administrator chooses to review All institutions at the same time, this option will not appear.|
|Survey Status, Session Resolution, Descriptive Codes, Status||Set these parameters as desired to limit the transactions from which form field data will be extracted for the review. Very old data may have predated the addition of session types, resolution codes, and descriptive codes. Selecting from these parameters could limit your result set in unexpected ways.|
Reviews are always sorted by Question ID unless you choose otherwise. QID and Date Entered are usually the same order, unless a new QID was created to enter or change a patron email address, as the new QID will bear the Date Entered of the original.
Not all sort options make sense for all session types
|Enter an email address if you want to be notified when the review is ready.|
|If the email notice for a completed review indicates that the review was truncated (currently at 10,000 records), you may want to request the review again using options that reduce the number of records included. You can run an online version of a review at Ask > Review Transcripts > General to see how many records it will include.|
Troubleshooting and support
- Document problems that you encounter so you can describe them when you request support.
- Contact OCLC Support.
Comments, suggestions, feedback
Please send your comments about this guide to QuestionPoint feedback.