QuestionPoint does the following when it receives an email reply from the subject-matter expert to whom you referred a question:
- Sends an email message to your e-mail address. The message contains:
- Question ID
- The expert's reply
- Any attachments sent with the expert's reply
Note: The attachments are available to you only with the e-mail message. If you want to send the attachments to the patron, you must save them on your computer so you can attach them when you send the answer.
- Changes the status of the question to "new" ()
- Changes the status of the question to "reply in from expert" ()
- Adds a note at the top of the Question History that indicates you must accept (edit) or delete the expert's reply before you can act on the question.
- Adds two entries in the Question History:
- One indicates when the reply was received from the expert.
- The other contains the expert's reply and buttons that you can click to edit or delete the reply.
You send the answer from the expert to the patron.