The patron may send an email reply to an answer, chat transcript, or clarification request that you send.
You receive the patron's reply if your institution administrator turns on Reply-to Messages and supplies a Custom Outgoing E-mail Address (Administration > Settings > Outgoing Address).
- Read the email message sent to your e-mail address when the patron replies.
Note: The message contains the Question ID that you can use to find the question in QuestionPoint.
- Go to the Full Question.
Note: QuestionPoint changes the status of the question to "new" when it receives the patron's reply.
- Click one of the buttons included with the patron's reply in the Question History:
- Click Edit to accept the patron's reply and begin to process it. QuestionPoint displays the Edit Patron E-mail Response page. Go to step 4.
- Click Delete to remove the patron's reply. QuestionPoint redisplays the Full Question and removes the patron's reply from the Question History. Go to step 6.
- Edit the patron's reply in the Reply box.
Example: You might remove unneeded text, such as headers, a copy of your message, etc.
- Click Save located below the Reply box. QuestionPoint redisplays the Full Question with the edited patron's reply in the Question History.
- Take appropriate action on the question.
- To send an answer or clarification request, click Answer.
- To add a new question manually, click Add Question.
- To close the question, select Closed in the Move To drop-down list and click the arrow.