The QuestionPoint Qwidget can be embedded in a variety of types of webpages. The simplest is regular HTML pages, but there are also several different Content Management Systems that allow embeds. Below are instructions on how to embed the Qwidget into the most popular Content Management Systems. Please contact OCLC Support if you have any questions regarding other embedding options for the Qwidget.
- Copy the Qwiget code from the QuestionPoint Qwidget builder.
- Create a blank HTML page that is on a web server that is accessible to both BlackBoard and your users.
- Paste the Qwidget code between the body tags. Please do not add anything else to this page.
- Publish the page with the Qwidget if needed and note its URL.
- Within BlackBoard, create a new HTML Content Block.
- Add the iframe call at the end of this section to the HTML Content Block using the URL of the page that you just built in step 3.
- Publish your new web part.
The following directions for Drupal were created using the Sankofa 7.X-1.0 theme but can be applied to other themes as well.
If you encounter an issue embedding the Qwidget into Drupal, please be sure to note the name of the theme when contacting support.
- Log into Drupal as the administrator.
- Click on Structure > Blocks > Add Block.
- On the Block screen (critical steps are in Bold):
- Add the Block Title (your choice).
- Add the Block description (your choice).
- Add the Qwidget Code to the Block Body.
- Text format set to FULL HTML.
Note: Depending on the theme, there are settings for Region and Visibility that will also need to be set based on where you wish the Qwidget to appear.
- Save the Block.
At this point the block containing the Qwidget will be available.
Please see Add a QuestionPoint Qwidget to Facebook for more details.
- Request the custom Qwidget code (newer version than is available on the Qwidget creation page in Admin module).
Note: You need to be a Super Admin to embed the Qwidget.
- Log into the Joomla admin site (<yoursite.com>/administrator) and navigate to User> User Manager to confirm your status as Super User. If you are not a Super User, you will need to upgrade yourself. If you are unable to upgrade yourself, consult Joomla documentation on how to get upgraded.
Embed the Qwidget
- Select Global Configuration from the System drop-down menu.
- On the Global Configuration screen, under the Site tab, select Editor - None from the Default Editor drop-down list.
- Click Save and Close.
- From the Module Manager screen, click New.
- Click Custom HTML.
- Paste in the Qwidget code provided from the separate document.
- Click Save and Close.
- Publish as usual.
Note: If you use the Preview button at the bottom of the Joomla custom HTML page, you will NOT see the Qwidget on the site, but, if you wait awhile, it will be visible on your actual published site.
When embedding the Qwidget within SharePoint, you will first need to build an HTML page that contains just the Qwidget. Once this file is created, it should be saved as an .htm file that is on a server that is accessible to SharePoint and your users.
Once the file is created, please follow these steps.
- Open the Page in SharePoint.
- Click Edit Page.
- Click Add a Web Part on the part of the page you want the Qwidget to appear and then select the Content Editor Web Part.
- Open the Tool Plane.
- Add the URL to the web page hosting the Qwidget to the "To link to a text file, type a URL" field.
- Click Apply.
- Click Test to ensure that the link works.
- Make changes to Appearance and Layout as needed
- Click Apply > OK > Publish.