The Viewport is an area, on the chat request form and the patron chat window, for displaying Web pages. The Viewport is available to your library's patrons if your group/BME offers Chat service with Viewport
If the Viewport is available, you (as your library's QuestionPoint Institution administrator) can change the initial Web page that appears in the Viewport for your patrons.
See the current initial web page in the Viewport
To see whether the Viewport is available for your patrons and, if it is, to see its current initial Web page:
- Navigate to Administration > Institution > Forms > Forms Manager > Chat Settings and URLs.
- See if there is a Chat with Viewport area at the bottom of the Chat Form page.
- If there is, the Viewport is available for your patrons. Go to step 3.
- If not, the Viewport is not available for your patrons. Stop.
- Click a View link in the Chat with Viewport area. QuestionPoint displays your library's chat form in a separate window. The Viewport containing your library's current initial Web page appears to the left of the chat form.
Change the initial web page in the Viewport
To change the initial Web page that appears in the Viewport for your library:
- Make note of the URL of the page that you want to be the initial Web page.
- Do not choose a framebusting URL. See Framebusting web pages and URLs.
- If you want the initial Web page to cover multiple languages, include a section for each language on the page or include links on the page that lead to a page for each language.
- Navigate to Administration > Institution > Forms > Viewport URL.
- Type or paste the URL in the Viewport URL box.
- Click Save.
- Click Test Viewport URL to verify that the correct page appears.