QuestionPoint lets you provide links to your library's reference service from the following locations:
- WorldCat.org. If your library makes its holdings available in WoldCat.org, you can display a link to your library's reference service alongside your holdings. WorldCat.org makes records of library-owned materials available to Web users. The result: OCLC member libraries are more visible on the Web, and their catalogs are more accessible from the sites where many people start their search for information.
- Acknowledgement page. You can display the URL for your library's reference service on the QuestionPoint acknowledgement page that patrons see after they submit a question on your library's e-mail question form. For more information about the acknowledgement page, see Customize the question acknowledgement page.
Link settings and default value
You control these links to your library's reference service using the settings on the Question Form Link page in the QuestionPoint Administration module.
- Buttons. For the WorldCat Setting buttons, you select Yes if you want to display a link in WoldCat.org or No if you do not. The default value is Yes for libraries whose QuestionPoint accounts were active before June 1, 2005 and No for other QuestionPoint libraries.
- Text box. In the Question Form URL text box, you must enter the complete URL (including http://) of your library's reference service if you select the Yes button.
Note: Libraries who set these options before January 2009 could click the Yes button and leave the URL text box empty to send patrons to a generic e-mail question form. Beginning in January 2009 libraries must enter a URL if they click Yes.
The following table describes the results of your settings:
|if you select this button||and enter this in the box||then questionpoint adds links to these locations|
|No||a URL||Acknowledgement page only|
|No||Nothing||No links are added|
Display links to your library's reference service
- Navigate to Administration > Institution > Forms > Question Form.
- On the Question Form Link screen, for WorldCat Setting:
- Select Yes to display a link to your library's reference service in WorldCat.
- Select No to display no link in WorldCat.
- For the Question Form URL:
- Enter the complete URL (including http://) of the web page for your library's reference service if you want to display a link in WorldCat or on the Acknowledgement page.
- Leave the box empty if you want to display no link.
- Click Save.
- If you entered a URL, click Test Question Form. QuestionPoint displays the web page for the URL in a separate window.