Reset a password
Use the Reset Password function to:
- Reset an account password to be the email address associated with the account
- Send that password and the account authorization to the email address associated with the account
Institution administrator: You can do this for any of your library's accounts.
Group administrator: You can do this for any account for any library in your group, using either the Institution or Subscription Group section of the Administration module.
- Log on to QuestionPoint using your administrator authorization number.
- If the Administration module is not displayed, select Administration from the Select Service drop-down menu.
- On the Create New Librarian Account screen, click the Passwords tab.
- On the Manage Passwords screen, under the Reset Password heading, select the account in any of the drop-down lists:
- Authorization list - In numerical order by authorization number (User ID)
- Name list - In alphabetical order by account name (not by last name)
- E-mail list - In alphabetical order by e-mail address
- Click the button to the left of the drop-down list (e.g., if you selected the account in the Name list, click the Name button). The system sends a message containing the account's authorization and the reset password to the email address associated with the account. The reset password is the email address associated with the account.
Search for an account using Find and Find Next
Use the Find and Find Next buttons on the Manage Passwords screen to search for and select an account in a drop-down list so you can reset the accounts password.
- Click the Find button beside the drop-down list in which you want to search for and select the account.
- Type a search term in the box.
- For the Authorization or Name list, type all or part of the authorization or account owner name.
- For the E-mail list, type all or part of the email address or authorization.
- Click OK. In the drop-down list, the system selects an account that matches your search term.
- If it is the account you want, complete the steps to reset the account's password. If it is not the account you want, click Find Next to select the next account that matches your search term.
Note: If the account that you want is still not selected, you can do any of the following:
- Continue to click Find Next.
- Repeat steps 1-4 using a different list in step 1 or a different search term in step 2.
- Click the arrow to the right of a list and then look for and select the account in the list.