Note: The following applies to Group/BME administrators only.
From the Chat Queues List, you (as a Group/BME administrator) control your group's chat queues. To view the Chat Queues List, go to
Administration > Subscription Group > Chat Manager.
From the Chat Queues List, you can:
- Manage your queues
- View the history of your queue management changes
- Create your group's chat forms
- Add or delete librarians who monitor your queues
Manage your queues
Click Edit for a queue on the Chat Queues List to go to the Queue Management page for the queue.
On the Queue Management page, you can:
- See whether or not the queue is part of the 24/7 Cooperative and/or participates in a local cooperative (Cooperative System Type field).
- Control the Qwidget and Chat rollup and set the delay time of the rollup for your BME and local cooperative members.
- See what status and time delay configurations have been applied to your 24/7 Cooperative partners and After Hours Backup staff for Chat and for Qwidgets (if applicable).
- Set the queue level viewport.
When you submit changes for this page, you are prompted to log (describe briefly) your changes for inclusion in a history of the changes.
View the history of your queue management changes
To view the history of your changes to the Queue Management page, click View Update History on the Queue Management page or History for a queue on the Chat Queues List page.
Create your group's chat forms
Click Chat Form for a queue on the Chat Queues List to go to the Chat Forms Manager page for the queue.
For more information, see Create your group's chat forms.
Add or delete librarians who monitor your queues
- In the Chat Queues List, click the Internal Name of a queue to go to the Users Monitoring page for that queue. The box at the top of the page lists the librarians who are currently not authorized to monitor the queue. The list at the bottom of the page contains the librarians who are currently authorized to monitor the queue.
- To add librarians, select the librarians who you want to add in the box at the top of the page and click Add. The selected librarians are added to the list at the bottom of the page.
- To delete a librarian, click Delete for the librarian and then click OK when asked if you want to delete the record.
To delete multiple librarians, check the box for each librarian you want to delete and then click Delete Selected Users.
The deleted librarians are added in the box at the top of the page.